Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Desk Area Organization

 I really wish I had before pictures of my kitchen desk, island, & shelving area.  Our house is older and we've renovated almost everything but the kitchen, so I am trying to make it work.  I LOVE the cupboard space (not the actual cupboards:), but the setup and unique features, like the desk and multiple book shelves create somewhat of a design/organizational challenge.  In my first post I mention how guests at the house kicked my butt in gear.  Below are the "almost finished" pictures of the kitchen area after my butt was in gear.  I have to finish labeling the baskets and hanging the monthly menu planning calendar (my next project!).  It honestly looks like this every night before I go to bed.  It takes me five minutes to put things away because everything has a place.  Imagine that?!  


Best part of the desktop are the blue bins labeled with my
name & my hubby's name.  We put our cell phones, keys, wallet,
hands free, etc. in them.  It has made a huge difference...no more
daily scavenger hunt for these things!  I upcycled soup cans & baby
food jars, covered them with contact paper, labeled them, and
filled them with supplies.  
Both baskets have the dividers from drink cases in them.
One basket has all of the cords (cell phone, Kindle, etc.)
and our Ipod shuffles, labeled in ziploc bags.  The other
basket holds our baby monitors and camera (Yes, we
need an entire basket to house these:).  The other polka
dot bin holds our camera, the charger, and all of the
cords.  I use this every day so the bin provides very easy
access and creates a tidy look.  
$ Store bins labeled "Books/magazines", "Cookbooks", and "Recipes".
Looks so much better like this.  One of the baskets on top has all our sunny day gear in it, sunglasses, sunscreen, chapstick, etc.  Super easy to just grab & go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment