Sunday, June 24, 2012

"Tie" Raid

Alrighty, I am back in business!  I finally purchased a new memory card for the camera today which means lots of new DIY and organizing project pics.  Woohoo!

To kick it off let's talk ties. :) So, as part of the hubby's Daddy's Day gift (& my obsession with organizing) I took it upon myself to find another way to organize all of his ties.  In hindsight, I wish I would have taken a before picture of the ties.  I did take a picture of the "tie hanger" they've been on for years. Looks like this. 
Old system = tie hanger

 It looks like a fantastic idea and definitely kept the ties in one place.  However, there are fifteen spots on each side which totals thirty ties.  The hubs has 50+! I know it seems like a ridiculous amount, but he wears one every day.  When the ties were on the hanger he was only circulating through a handful because they were doubled up or on the floor.  There's no way he even knew what he had.  You should have seen his face after I organized the ties...there are some he hadn't seen in years!  I will definitely repurpose this hanger.  The wheels are already turning.  

Okay, time to share my $ Store solution!  I posted about their "compartment bins" a few weeks ago.  I use them to store the cords for the electronics. Well, turns out they're perfect for organizing ties too!

Yes, I color coordinated each bin!
Q:  What do I love about this?  
A:  EVERYTHING!  
It allows my hubby to see each tie (he purged a few ties so he now has 48).  ALL of the bins fit in a dresser drawer (6, that is 6 bins not 6 drawers!).  It is easy to rotate the bins so there are new ones on top each week!  And yes, it was so nice to color coordinate the ties in each bin (especially for a color-blind hubby).  Bonus, according to the hubs...he has more room in his second closet ( I know, not typical, but his suits, dress shirts, and ties take up an entire closet).  Taking on the second closet is going to be like an Olympic sport.  Not ready to do it yet,  but will in the near future. 

$ Store bins were the perfect solution!  

Turns out organizing the ties was a gift my husband appreciated and one that made me happy too! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment