Saturday, June 2, 2012

Genius Storage Containers

All I have to say is SCORE!  In the midst of Project Organize I came across two very cool storage containers for cords, etc.
Option 1:  Because I am sticking to a budget and trying to be quite frugal, I originally used baskets I had around the house and used the bottle dividers found in cases of adult bevies.  It worked wonderfully!  That is, until I started to organize the linen closets, I really wanted to use the baskets to store hand towels & wash clothes.


My solution, Option 2:  I went back to one of my fav shopping spots, The Dollar Store, and found "canvas" bins (like the ones I already had for my family file system) that have dividers that velcro in!  They aren't as sturdy as the bottle dividers, but they worked great!


Option 3:  Yesterday I was shopping and came across the Rubbermaid Bento bins...OMG!  They are an organizing blessing.  A ridiculously awesome idea (one I should have thought of!).  The "bento" part actually reminds me of those snap bracelets from the 80s & 90s.  They were reasonably priced & came in a bunch of cool colors & patterns.  Tops or "trays" for these bins were available to purchase separately.  They can be put on as a top or flipped over to create a tray to store more on top...genius again!

There you have it.  Three options varying in price range.  One upcycled, the second a dollar, and the third a little more expensive, but sturdy, versatile, and just plain cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment