Monday, June 11, 2012

Upcycled Crystal Light Containers

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  It was a very productive and fun one in our house.  I did realize that I need to organize the way I tackle projects.  I have a list of projects (literally a mile long) I want to do.  I have a bunch of projects halfway done.  I have a handful of projects done and ready to share.  I just get so excited about the ideas I see and the ideas I have that I just go for it.  Starting today I will be catching up on posting the projects I have already completed, starting with the upcycled Crystal Light containers.  I will continue to share one a day.  In the meantime I will be working on putting the finishing touches on other projects (broom/cleaning closet almost complete & bucket game almost done).  

Upcycled Crystal Light Containers
On Pinterest (of course :) I saw an idea to store crayons in a parmesan cheese container (anything is better than the cardboard packs they come in).  The only thing I didn't like about it was how difficult it was to get the crayons out, especially for Wyatt.  So, I started looking in the cupboards and realized the hubs and I drink a ton of Crystal Light and I'd been throwing out the containers for years.  So, I used the individual packs container and the pitcher packs container to store Wy's crayons.  They work perfect!  It is easy for his little hands and fingers to retrieve the crayons and he loves taking on and off the top. Plus, he can see the crayons through the container and loves to put them away!  BONUS! :)  (I added the vinyl pics & label for fun.)  I've also used these containers to store craft supplies, chalk, office supplies, batteries, ...you get the picture.  The see-through aspect makes these containers so versatile!  I love them!  How will you upcycle your next empty Crystal Light container?

No comments:

Post a Comment